Following the report of a FIFA/CONCACAF mission that recently visited Guatemala, the Bureau of the FIFA Council took the following decisions on Friday, 18 May 2018 concerning the Guatemalan Football Association (FEDEFUT):
- To appoint a normalisation committee in accordance with art. 8 par. 2 of the FIFA Statutes with immediate effect;
- To lift the suspension of FEDEFUT once the normalisation committee confirms to FIFA that all conditions allowing it to properly operate have been met;
- To delegate to CONCACAF the appointment of a steering committee to oversee and monitor the implementation of the normalisation committee’s mandate. The terms of reference of the steering committee will be elaborated by the FIFA administration, jointly with CONCACAF.
In this light, the mandate of the normalisation committee will include the following tasks:
- To run the daily affairs of FEDEFUT;
- To review the statutes of the FEDEFUT members and ensure their alignment with the FEDEFUT statutes as well as FIFA’s Statutes and requirements;
- To organise and conduct elections of a new executive committee among FEDEFUT’s members;
- To organise and conduct elections of a new FEDEFUT executive committee.
Subject to the respective eligibility checks carried out by the FIFA Review Committee, the normalisation committee will be composed of the following members:
- Mr Juan Carlos Ríos (chairman)
- Mr Juan Carlos Plata (member)
- Mr Mario Fredy Soto Ramos (member)
- Mr Javier Medrano (member)
- Mr Ovidio Ottoniel Orellana Marroquín (member)
The specified period of time during which the normalisation committee shall perform its functions shall expire no later than 31 May 2019.
The Bureau of the Council also decided that if any of the decisions taken by the Bureau of the Council are contravened, FEDEFUT will be automatically suspended once again.
In accordance with art. 38 par. 3 of the FIFA Statutes, the above decision of the Bureau of the Council shall be ratified by the Council at its next meeting.